Sunday, September 13, 2009

9/11: Unforgettable

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was in second grade, and I was informed of the event at school. The principal gathered the students together to give us the terrible news. Tears were pouring out of her eyes as she spoke to us.

"Students, I want you to stay strong. Two planes - just crashed into the Twin Towers in New York. We were attacked."

Everyone in the room was confused and shocked. It stayed dead silent as she continued to speak.

"But I want you to know that everything is going to be okay. It's being taken care of. You're all safe."

That's all she said before we were let back to our classrooms. Some of the kids and teachers were crying, some of them were talking about how scared they were, and some of us just were simply in a quiet state of awe.

I was one of the silent ones.

I had no idea what to feel or think. I didn't cry, but I felt as if I should be. I suddenly lost all of my emotions as I tried to sort out the thoughts in my mind. Everyone went home on buses, cars, or foot like they normally would, but we didn't feel the same.

We weren't the same.

I got home, threw down my backpack, and looked at the television screen. They wouldn't stop showing it. Over and over again, I saw two planes crash into the towers, fire blazing from the exterior, people running and screaming for their lives. It broke my heart. Smoke flew all the way to Lady Liberty, the symbol of freedom and happiness. You could almost imagine her weeping for her nation.>

We all weeped for our nation.

None of us were the same after 9/11. For an entire year, and beyond for some, we were the peaceful, kind, and giving people we once were. We pushed aside our politics, our disagreements, and our differences, and we got together to share our patriotism, faith, and brotherly love.

We gave blood, we donated food, we gave gifts to people we didn't even know, and we all helped one another out. America's sense of unity was restored.

But then we lost it.

We fought endless wars. We gave up our liberties in the name of "security." We spent money we didn't have because we thought it would go to a good cause. We let the Constitution shred right before us. The government manipulated our broken minds, hearts, and spirits into believing we could trust them.

The war, the liberties that got taken away, the endless government spending sprees, and the Constitution being thrown right out the window - 9/11 was an excuse for all of it, and we drank it up like a bunch of sheep.

Our government betrayed us by taking a terrible event and using it against us for their own sick pleasures. We let them do it, and in doing that, we betrayed ourselves.

It is time again to become the Americans we were on 9/12. It's possible for us to come together once again. We need to give all that we can to pick up the broken pieces of our nation and put them back together.

We thought we could trust the new president, but we were wrong. He's just like the old one.

We're letting him get away with violent warfare. We're letting him take away our freedoms. We're letting him spend, spend, spend until the dollar is obliterated. We're letting him rip up the Constitution and enjoy himself while he's at it.

It's time for us to stand up to the self-centered, incompetent government bureacrats, the greedy, corrupted corporate scumbags, and the Federal Reserve totalitarians that want America to give up everything she has so that they can advance their own sick globalized goals.

There is a movement called the 9/12 Project. I want everyone to check it out.

Glenn Beck's Common Sense - an outstanding book that I highly recommend regardless of your political affiliation - outlines 9 principles and 12 values that everyone should try to live by.

The 9 Principles:
1. America is good.
2. I believe in God, and He is the center of my life.
3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
5. If you break the law, you pay the penalty. Justice is blind, and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have, and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them; they answer to me.

The 12 Values:
Honesty
Reverence
Hope
Thrift
Humility
Charity
Sincerity
Moderation
Hard Work
Courage
Personal Responsibility
Gratitude

Please send this to your state senators and district representative:



To Congress: The 5 Pledges
1. I believe in a balanced budget and therefore will vote for a freeze in government spending until that goal is realized.
2. I believe government should not increase the financial burden on its citizenry during difficult economic times. Therefore, I will oppose all tax increases until our economy has rebounded.
3. I believe more than four decades of US dependence on foreign oil is a travesty, therefore I will support an energy plan that calls for immediately increasing usage of all domestic resources including nuclear energy, natural gas, and coal as necessary.
4. I believe in the sovereignty and security of our country and therefore will support measures to close our borders except for designated immigration points so we will know who is entering and why. I will vehemently oppose any measure giving another country, the United Nations, or any other entity power over US citizens.
5. I believe the United States of America is the greatest country on earth and therefore will not apologize for policies or actions which have served to free more and feed more people around the world than any other nation on the planet.

Please contact your state senators here and your district representative here. I did it, and you should, too.

God bless you, and have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment